About the PO Receipt Expense Initialize Form
Use this form to define whether you will update GL accounts and subledgers when receiving goods on purchase orders.
You can access this form by selecting PO Company Parameters .from
- Update GL/Subledgers on Receipt - This option is used in conjunction with the ability in PO to accrue “received” items as actual units and costs. When this option is checked, GL accounts and subledgers are updated whenever goods are received on purchase orders (flagged for receiving) in PO Receipts Entry. If not checked, GL accounts and subledgers will not be updated when receiving goods in PO.
- Interface Levels - The JC Interface, EM Interface, IN
Interface, and GL Expense Interface Level fields are used to specify what
information will be updated to GL and at what level. If you are updating GL
expenses, you will also need to define the Summary or Detail GL description, as
well as the Accrual Account. The Accrual Account is used to indicate which GL
account will be credited when Job, Equipment, Inventory, Expense, and SM Work
Order PO transactions are interfaced to GL. This account must be designated if
using these options, and must have a subledger code of “P” (Payables) or
null.Note: If you are using the Service Management module (SM), the GL Expense Interface option specified here will also be used to determine the level of detail when updating Cost and WIP accounts for work completed purchase lines (type 5-Purchase).
- Initializing a Batch - Once you have made the necessary
changes, click Initialize Batch. This will
initialize all PO items flagged for receiving that have differing Received and
Invoiced values, and display them in the Detail Preview grid. If the Update
GL/Subledgers on Receipt box was previously checked and you
uncheck it, the update will 'back out' the units and cost from JC, EM, and/or
IN, and reverse the GL distributions. If the Update
GL/Subledgers on Receipt box was previously unchecked and you
check it, GL is updated with the expense, as are JC, EM, and/or IN, and the AP
Accrual Account is credited. (Note: Previously processed records will not be
updated.) Note: If you wish to clean up your PO's before making the change, you can clear the entries and cancel the batch, update your PO's accordingly, then rerun this form. Before you cancel/clear the batch, it is suggested that you access the Batch Process form (File menu), validate the batch, and print the audit lists. You can then clear the batch from within the Batch Process form, or exit the form and clear the batch using the Cancel and Clear button.
- Cancel and Clear Batch - Select to cancel and clear the batch. All purchase order items listed in the Detail Preview grid are cleared from the batch, the batch is canceled, and the PO Receipt Expense Initialize form closes.
- PO item distribution - The PO item distribution feature allows you to
distribute PO items into multiple lines when they are received. Click here
for an overview on the PO item distribution feature. When expensing receipts
using the PO Receipt Expense Initialize form, the PO item distribution lines
are used as the basis for the expenses. Note: If you do not use the new PO item distribution feature, this form will function the same as previous versions. When you create a PO item, the system automatically creates a PO item line that is identical to the PO item, and this is what will be used to expense the receipt.