Purge Purchase Orders
Purging closed purchase orders removes the header and detail records from the system.
The purge process does not update PM Subcontract Detail or the item detail in the PM Material Detail form
The system uses the date(s) you enter to when determining whether to delete any PM PO Change Order records
If you want to purge AP invoices related to purchase orders, you must first purge purchase orders
POs which have remaining units or remaining cost are not purged
POs with received costs or units not equal to invoiced costs or units are not purged
You can filter the specific POs within that timeframe by job range and/or purchase order range. Once you have finished filtering, you can select specific POs for purging.
To purge purchase orders:
- Open the Purchase Orders tab on the PO Purge form.
- In the Purge POs Closed Through Month field, select a month and year.
- If you want to purge the POs associated with a specific job, or a range of POs, use the Restrict by Job and Restrict by PO# fields accordingly.
- To purge any requisitions that relate to the purchase orders, select the Purge Related Requisitions check box.
- Click Update.All purchase orders that meet the filtering criteria are listed in the Available Purchase Orders section.
- In the Available Purchase Orders section, either: and
then click the Add button. The selected POs
will now display in the Purchase Orders to Purge section.
Tip: To purge all of the purchase orders in the Available Purchase Orders section, click the Add All button. Or use the Remove, or Remove All buttons to move POs from the Purchase Orders to Purge section to the Available Purchase Orders section.
highlight only the purchase orders that you want to purge and click Add, OR
click the Add All button
- Once all of the POs you want to purge are listed in the Purchase Orders to Purge section, click Purge.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Yes.