Send a claim to AP Unapproved Invoice Entry
This will create an unapproved invoice that you can process using the AP unapproved invoices feature.
For an overview of the claims process, see Process Subcontract Claims.
Unapproved invoices are invoices that you want held apart from other AP transactions - for example the invoices need to be reviewed and approved before they are posted and paid. Unapproved invoices do not update any subledger or GL, are not eligible for payment, and are not reported as Open Payables. Instead, they are stored and tracked in a separate set of files until the review/approval process is complete.
Follow the steps below to send a claim to the AP Unapproved Invoice Entry form.
- Open the SL Subcontract Claims form.
- Select .The SL Claim Update to AP Unapproved form displays.
- In the UI Month field, enter the unapproved invoice month. This is generally the expense month, although you can change this month when the transactions are approved and posted.
- If you are using pay categories (flag in AP
Company Parameters), Pay
Category and Pay
Type fields display to the right of the month and batch. Use
these fields to enter the pay category and pay type to assign to all items on
the subcontract.If you leave these fields blank, you can assign a pay category and/or pay type to each item in AP Unapproved Invoice Entry.Note: These fields require that you either enter both a pay category and pay type or that you leave both fields blank.
- To filter the claims
displayed in the grid, select the Include claims from all
vendors check box.To see claims for a specific vendor or range of vendors, deselect the Include claims from all vendors check box. Then use the Begin Vendor Sort Name and End Vendor Sort Name fields to enter the vendor or range of vendors.
- To send all claims in
the grid to Accounts Payable, select the Update all Claims to Accounts
Payable check box.To individually select claims to send to Accounts Payable, select the Update check box for each applicable claim.
- Click Update. The selected claims are sent to AP Unapproved Invoice Entry.
- If you want to process additional claims, repeat the steps above. Otherwise, click Close.
Once you send a claim to AP Unapproved Invoice Entry, you can no longer edit the claim using the SL Subcontract Claims form.
Each subcontract item on the claim is assigned the reviewer group specified for the job in the JC Jobs form (Invoices field, Info tab).
Invoice totals will be the claim amount plus/minus the tax on the invoice, depending on the country.
- Australia - the invoice total is the claim amount less the tax on the invoice. For example, if the claim amount is $25,000 and the tax amount is 5%($1,250), the invoice total is $23,750.
- US/Canada - the invoice total is the claim amount plus the tax on the invoice. For example if the claim amount is $25,000 and the tax amount is 5%($1,250), the invoice total is $26,250