Canceling a Benefit for a Resource
You can cancel benefits for a resource if needed in HR Resource Benefits.
Canceling the benefit for a resource automatically cancels the benefit for any dependents also assigned that benefit.
- Open HR Resource Benefits.
- In the Resource # field, enter the resource for whom you are canceling the benefit or press F4 to select from a list of resources.
- In the Benefit Code field, enter the benefit code you wish to cancel. Press F4 and select the Benefit Codes for Reference option to choose from a list of benefit codes set up for the resource.
- In the Dependent Seq # field, enter 0.
- Click on the Deduction/Liability Codes tab.
- For each listed deduction and liability code:
In the Freq field, enter the frequency code you designated for canceled benefits or enter a frequency code that is never used in Pay Period Control.
Select the Update PR check box.
- Save the record.
When you run the update to PR (in HR Update Benefit/Salary to PR), the deductions and liabilities will be updated to PR with the new frequency code.Note: Make sure that when canceling a benefit, you do not run the update until after the current payroll is processed and before processing the next payroll.