Initializing Benefits for a Resource
You can initialize benefits for a resource using the HR Benefit Initialization form.
Initialization allows you to quickly set up a pre-defined group of benefits for a resource. Before you can use this feature, however, you must have already set up Benefit Groups in HR Benefit Group.
To initialize benefits for a resource:
- Open HR Benefit
- From the HR Programs folder on the main menu
- From HR Resource Benefits, by selecting
- In the Resource # field, enter the resource for whom to initialize benefits or press F4 to select from a list of valid resources.
- In the Benefit Group field, enter the benefit group to initialize or press to select from a list of valid benefit groups.
- In the Effective Date field, enter the date on which the benefits included in the benefit group will be effective for the resource.
- Click Initialize.
The initialization process adds all of the benefit codes within the benefit group to the specified resource, along with the deduction, liability, and earnings codes defined for each benefit code (in HR Benefit Codes). You can edit the benefit information as needed in HR Resource Benefits.Note: If initialization encounters one or more benefit codes containing earnings, deduction, or liability codes that already exist for the resource, a warning displays and the indicated benefit codes will not be initialized. All other benefit codes within the benefit group will be added for the resource.