Updating Resource Benefits System-Wide
Benefit codes identify a type of benefit. Benefit code examples might be Life Ins, Health Ins, Disability, 401(k), and so forth. In some cases, you may need to change a benefit code and apply it to all employees in the system.
To perform a system-wide update of benefits:
- Open the HR Benefits Codes form.
- Change benefit information on the Info tab, as necessary.
If changing rates, for
earnings and/or deduction liabilities codes, select
. Note: When selecting this option, the system copies the value in the New Rate field to the Old Rate field for all earnings and deduction/liabilities codes associated with the benefit. If you only need to change a few rates, enter the old rate manually.
- Change information on the Benefit Options tab as necessary to update benefit option descriptions and ACA coverage details.
Change information on
the Earnings Codes and Deduction/Liability Codes tabs as necessary and uncheck
the Updated YN box for each changed item.
Note: The system does not update earnings or deduction/liability information if the Updated YN box was checked before you run the HR Benefit Update form.
- Select .
- Configure the HR Benefit Update form as necessary and click Update. For more information, refer to HR Benefit Update in Related Topics below.
- In the confirmation message, click Close and close the HR Benefit Update form. The HR Benefit Codes form displays. The system selects the Updated YNcheck box for all earnings and deduction/liability codes that updated to HR Resource Benefits.
- If you need to override the updated rates for specific employees, use the HR Resource Benefits form. For more information, refer to HR Resource Benefits in Related Topics below.
- To update benefit information to PR, use the HR Update Benefit/Salary to PR form. For more information, refer to HR Update Benefit/Salary to PR in Related Topics below.
If you need to update a benefit code again, uncheck the Updated YN box for any applicable earnings and deduction/liability codes and repeat the process.