Update Usage and Rate-Based Accruals
Usage (for both fixed-amount and rate-based leave codes), as well as rate-based accrual information, should be determined every pay period.
To determine usage and rate-based accrual information, run PR Auto Leave Accrual/Usage. The system determines both usage and rate-based accruals using the information specified on the Accrual/Usage Info tab in PR Leave Codes. For more information, see PR Leave Codes.
The following instructions describe how to update usage and rate-based accruals.
- In the PR Leave Entry form, select .The PR Auto Leave Accrual/Usage form displays.
- Select the Use Pay Period earnings to update Leave usage... check box.The system enables the other fields in the Usage and Rate Based Accruals section of the form.
- In the PR Group field, enter the payroll group for updating usage and rate-based accruals.
- Enter a date range in the Beginning PR Ending Date and Ending PR Ending Date fields. Note: Pay periods within this range must be valid for the batch month. For split-month pay periods, either the beginning or ending month of the pay period must be equal to the batch month.
- (Optional) Enter a description for this usage/rate-based accrual update in the Description field. Note: This field initially defaults a description based on the specified payroll group and pay period range.
- Click Update.The system displays a confirmation message; click Close. You are returned to the PR Leave Entry form, where you can review the leave entries.Note: The update process includes only active employees and leave codes; if inactive employees and leave codes are found, they are skipped.
- Click Close.
- Select .The PR Batch Process form displays.
- Process the batch.