About Reviewing Processed Payrolls
There are two ways in which you can review a processed payroll.
The first way is to run the PR Payroll Register report, which displays processed amounts for each employee including earnings, deductions, and liabilities. At the end of the report, the total earnings, deductions, and liabilities for the entire payroll group and payroll period combination display.
The second way to review a processed payroll is to use the PR Employee Pay Seq Control form. This form has all the information contained on the employee pay stub, and allows you to make additional changes to some of the information, including the payment method, overriding deductions and liabilities, and changing direct deposit information, if necessary.
This topic discusses how to review processed payrolls using the PR Employee Pay Seq Control form.
- Finding the Correct Pay Period to Review - The form automatically defaults to the last payroll group/pay period that you accessed. If you want to review another group/pay period combination, use the arrow buttons on the toolbar or specify the correct information in the PR Group, Pay Period Ending Date, and Pay Seq# fields. The system will display the first employee in the pay sequence and the totals for the hours, earnings, deductions, and net pay in the Processed Totals section of the header.
- Reviewing the Info Tab - The Info tab displays the payment method for the employee in the Payment Method field. For details, see About Reviewing the Info Tab.
- Reviewing Earning Codes - The Earnings Codes tab displays all earnings associated with the employee for the pay period. You cannot modify the information here; so, if you need to make a change to the earnings information, you will need to reenter timecard information for the employee (in PR Timecard Entry) and reprocess the payroll period.
- Reviewing Deductions and Liabilities - The Deductions and Liabilities tabs display the deductions and liabilities that were calculated for this employee. For details, see About Reviewing Deductions and Liabilities.
- Reviewing Direct Deposit Information - The Direct Deposit tab displays direct deposit information for the employee. For details, see About Reviewing Direct Deposit Information.