Process Manual Checks
Once you are done processing your payroll period, you can use the PR Employee Pay Seq Control form to review payment information for employees.
On this form, you can also determine if the employee should be paid with a manual check, and not with a computer printed check created through the system.
The following instructions detail how to process a manual check.
- Enter the correct payroll group, pay period ending date, and pay sequence in the PR Group, Pay Period Ending Date, and Pay Seq# fields, respectively. Note: The PR Employee Pay Seq Control form automatically defaults to the last pay period that you accessed.
- Select C-Check from the Payment Method drop-down field.
- Select M-Manual from the Check Type field. The system enables the CM Co#, CM Account, CM Reference, CM Ref Seq#, Paid Date, and Paid Month fields.
- Enter the CM company in the CM Company field. This field initially defaults the CM company specified for the payroll group (CM Company field in PR Groups). Press F4 for a list of valid CM companies.
- Enter the CM account in the CM Account field. This field initially defaults the CM account specified for the payroll group (CM Account field in PR Groups). Press F4 for a list of CM accounts.
- Enter the CM reference (check) number in the CM Reference field.
- Enter the paid date and paid month in the Paid Date and Paid Month fields.
- Review the rest of the payment information as necessary.