Post Automatic Overtime
You can use PR Auto Overtime to calculate and post overtime for timecards that you entered in PR Timecard Entry.
The following instructions detail how to post automatic overtime.
- Double-click the PR Auto Overtime icon in the PR Programs folder on the Main Menu. The Batch Selection form displays.
- Select the correct unposted batch from the grid, and make sure the values in the Batch Month, PR Group, PR End Date, and Pay Seq fields match what you indicated when you entered timecards in PR Timecard Entry.
- Click OK. The PR Auto Overtime form displays.
- If you want to restrict automatic overtime posting by a specific employee, check the Restrict by Employee box and enter the employee number in the Employee field. Press F4 from the Employee field to see a list of valid employees.
If you want to
restrict automatic overtime posting to a single
payment sequence, check the Restrict
Posting to a Single Payment Sequence #
box and enter the sequence in the Payment Seq
Note: If you do not choose to restrict automatic overtime posting by specifying an employee or a payment sequence, the system will bring in all employees and sequences for the pay period.
- Click Process. The system displays a confirmation message.
- Click Close. The employees matching the criteria display in the grid.
- Select . The PR Batch Process form displays.
- Process the batch.
The system then applies the appropriate rates based on the overtime schedule that you assigned to the employee (OT Schedule field, PR Employees), job (PR Overtime Schedule field in JC Jobs), craft (OT Schedule field, PR Crafts), or craft template (OT Schedule field in PR Craft Templates). For more information on overtime schedules, see PR Overtime Schedule.Tip: To see how the system posted automatic overtime, view the Batch List report from the PR Batch Process form after you validate the batch.