Processing a Payroll Period
You will use PR Payroll Process to process payroll periods.
When processing pay periods, you must process each one individually, so you may need to run through this process multiple times.
You may process a pay period as often as you wish. Any employee already assigned a check number can be reprocessed and the system recalculates the deductions, liabilities, and earnings; however, the system does not adjust the check amount.
The following instructions detail how to process your payroll.
- Enter the payroll group number in the PR Group field. Press F4 for a list of valid payroll groups.
- Enter the last date of the pay period on the Pay Period Ending Date field.
- Select the correct processing option in the Processing Option section of the form:
All Employees - Select this option only if changes for the current pay period have been made to the basic setup information that the system uses to apply add-on earnings or calculate deductions and liabilities. Click here for more information on this option
Employees with changed earnings or overrides - This is the recommended method to use at all times- even when processing payroll for the first time. Using this option processes all employees with new and changes records and never processes those without any changes.
Select Employee - Select this option if you want to process an individual employee.
- If you selected the Select Employee option, enter the employee number in the Employee field. Press F4 for a list of valid employees.
- If you want to restrict payroll period posting to a single payment sequence, check the Restrict by Payment Seq # box and enter the sequence in the Payment Seq # field. Note: If you do not choose to restrict payroll period posting by specifying a payment sequence, the system will bring in all sequences for the pay period.
- Click Process. A confirmation message displays. Note: To avoid potential errors in employee earnings, deductions, and liabilities calculations, only one user should process a company payroll at a time.
- Click Close. Note: If the system could not process a pay record, the system will display the employee in the grid, along with the specific batch number(s). This might happen when a timecard is in a batch that has not been posted. In this case you could post the timecard batch and then reprocess the payroll period.
- Repeat steps 1-8 for any additional pay periods that require processing.
- Run the PR Payroll Register report to review the deduction and liability calculations that the system made.