Set Holiday Week Overtime: Canada
If you need to compute automatic overtime pay for holiday weeks during weekly or bi-weekly pay periods, you can use the PR Pay Period Control form to set regular time hours.
This functionality does not apply to employees associated with a salaried earnings code.
If the maximum regular hours are less than the standard (for example, a holiday falls during the week), set the fields appropriately (otherwise enter the standard number of hours for the week). If employees work beyond that initial setting for the holiday week, they are paid at an overtime rate for the additional hours (based on the Automatic Overtime settings in the PR Company Parameters form).To set up holiday week overtime:
- In the PR Employees form, set the Overtime field (Add'l Info tab) to W-Weekly to for each employee eligible for holiday week overtime.
- In the PR Pay Period Control form:
- When creating a weekly pay period, enter the maximum regular hours that employees can work for this pay period in the Maximum Regular Hours in Week 1 field.
- When creating a bi-weekly pay period, enter the maximum regular hours that employees can work for the first week in the pay period in the Maximum Regular Hours in Week 1 field, and enter the maximum number for the second week in the Maximum Regular Hours in Week 2 field.
- Set up a holiday for the pay period.
- Save the record.
These settings may be overridden for craft. See Holiday Week Overtime by Craft for more information.