Set Up and Process Data for ACA 1094s and 1095s
This topic applies only to United States companies.
The purpose of the ACA forms and reports in Vista is to help users generate and transmit the IRS Form 1094-C and 1095-C.
The steps below will guide you through the major steps in the process of setting up and processing data in Vista for ACA compliance. For more information, see the individual form and field Help topics for the forms mentioned below, as well as tutorials available in the Viewpoint Learning Center.
- In PR Earnings Codes, set the earnings codes that will be used to measure hours that an employee worked by selecting the Track Hours for ACA check box. See Track Hours for ACA.
- In PR Company Parameters, enter the ACA transmitter control code in the TCC field. Also, if this PR company is a foreign company operating in the United States, select the Foreign Transmitter check box. See the F1 Help for those fields.
- In HR ACA Look Back Groups, create ACA measurement periods to measure part-time or variable time employees. See Creating an ACA Look Back Group.
- In HR Resources:
- On the Payroll Info tab, select a status from the ACA Employment Status drop-down.
- In the Look Back Group field, enter the applicable look back group.
- On the ACA History tab, enter data as applicable. You can enter data in either of two ways:
- Manually in HR Resources, ACA History tab. See the F1 Help for each field
Automatically via initialization via HR ACA Coverage Offer Init. See Initializing ACA Monthly Coverage Offer Dates.
- Complete the information in the HR Benefits Codes form. See Assigning Earnings, ACA, and Deduction/Liability Codes to Benefits.
- If your organization offers self-insured coverage (indicated by selecting the Self-Insured check box in HR Benefit Codes, Info tab), complete the following:
- Complete the information in the ACA section of the Info tab in the HR Resource Benefits form. This will automatically populate the fields on the ACA Coverage History tab. See Assigning Earnings, ACA, and Deduction/Liability Codes to Benefits.
- Complete the information in HR Resource Dependents for each dependent.
- In PR ACA Process, enter data for the selected tax year to provide information necessary for the 1094-C and 1095-C. You can enter data in either of two ways:
- Manually in PR ACA Process. See Set Up Employer Information for ACA 1094-C Processing and Set Up Employee Information for ACA 1095-C Processing.
- Automatically via initialization in PR ACA Initialize. Initialization provides partial data, which must then be completed manually in PR ACA Process and in PR ACA 1095-C. Employee. See Initialize ACA Data Automatically from Human Resources and Initialize ACA Data Automatically from Payroll.
- Create, print, and submit 1094s and 1095s using PR Aatrix - ACA Print & eFile.
For more information, see Create, Print, and E-File 1094s and 1095s Using Aatrix.