Set Up Employer Information for ACA 1094-C Processing
You can manually collect and track payroll and health insurance data necessary to generate federally mandated reports under the United States Affordable Care Act (ACA) using the PR ACA Process form.
Employers with 50 or more full-time employees—including full-time equivalent (FTE) employees—use IRS Forms 1094-C and 1095-C to report the information about offers of health coverage and enrollment in health coverage for their employees. These forms are used to determine whether an employer owes payments under the employer shared responsibility provisions under section 4980H of the ACA.
Many PR ACA Process fields initially default at the time a record is created in this form from the corresponding record in HQ Company Setup. The Info tab enables you to establish an ACA reporting year and capture data necessary to produce parts 1 and 2 of the 1094-C report. For more information, see the F1 Help.
- Set up employer information for parts 1 and 2 of the 1094-C report.
- In the Tax Year field, enter a tax year in YYYY format, or press F4 to select from a list of tax years.
- On the info tab, in the ALE Member field, accept the default or enter the Applicable Large Employer Member name.
- In the Address, City, State, Zip Code, and Country fields, accept the defaults or enter the address of the ALE Member.
- In the Contact field, enter the name of the contact person for the ALE Member.
- In the Phone field, enter the contact person's phone number.
- Select the Is Member Of Aggregated ALE Group check box if the Applicable Large Employer (ALE) Member is part of an ALE group.
- Select the Qualifying Offer Method check box if the Applicable Large Employer (ALE) Member is both eligible to use and using the Qualifying Offer Method for one or more full-time employees.
- Select the 98% Offer Method check box if the ALE Member is eligible to use the 98% Offer Method.
- Save the record.
- Set up ALE Member monthly information for part 3 of the 1094-C report
- Select the ALE Member Info - Monthly tab.
- If minimum essential coverage (MEC) is offered to at least 95% of full-time employees and their dependents, in the MEC Offer Indicator column, select the All check box if offered for all 12 months or select the check box next to each month MEC was offered.
- On the appropriate lines (all 12 months or individual months):
- In the Full Time Empl Count column, enter the number of full-time employees who were offered MEC under an eligible employer-sponsored plan.
- In the Total Empl Count field, enter the total number of full-time and part-time employees.
- If the Is Member Of Aggregated ALE Group checkbox (Info tab) is selected, then select the Agg Group Indicator check box. This indicates that, during any month of the calendar year, the employer was a member of an aggregated ALE group.
- Save the record.
- Set up ALE Member monthly information for part 4 of the 1094-C report
- On the ALE Group Members tab, in the SEQ field, enter N, New, or + to add a new ALE member sequence. The system will automatically assign the next available sequential number.
- In the
Other Member PRCo
field, if the member company is a valid company (set up in HQ Company
Setup), enter the company number or press F4 to select from a list of valid companies.If the member company has not been set up in HQ Company Setup, leave this field blank.
- In the Other Member Name field, accept the default or enter the member company name.
- In the Other Member EIN field, accept the default or enter the EIN for the member company
- In the Other Member Rank field, enter a rank for each ALE members. The 1094-C report allows a maximum of 30 members, so if an ALE group includes more than 30 members, the report will use the ranking in this field to determine the top 30.
- Save the record.
- Set up employees for the 1095-C form.The Employees tab fields are populated from the corresponding record in PR Employees for the active payroll company. For more information on the Employees tab and entering data for the 1095-C Form, see Setting Employee Information for ACA 1095-C Processing