Create Earnings & Deduction Codes for Annual Leave: Normal Termination
(Australia only) You must create earnings codes for annual leave payments that you will make to employees for normal termination, along with corresponding leave loading earnings codes and deduction codes for taxation purposes.
- In the PR Earnings Codes form, create an earnings code. When doing so, select ETPA - Employment Termination, Annual Leave from the ATO Category drop-down on the Addl Info tab. For more detailed instructions, see Set Up Earnings Codes: Australia.
- Create an additional earnings code for leave loading. Select ETPA - Employment Termination, Annual Leave from the ATO Category drop-down on the Addl Info tab. To create an earnings code for leave loading, you will need to create a payroll routine using a rate of gross. For more information, see Earnings Based Routines: Australia.
- In the PR Deductions / Liabilities form, create a deduction code for taxation purposes. When creating the code, use the following settings:
Important: In order for the ETP deduction to be calculated during payroll processing, you must also enter this deduction code in the DLCode column of the PR Federal Info form (Add'l Federal Based Dedns/Liabs tab).
- From the Method field, select R-Routine and enter ETPMargina in the Routine field.
- From the ATO Category field on the Addl Info tab, select Tax Withheld.
- On the Basis Codes tab, enter the corresponding earnings code(s), including any earnings codes used for leave loading.
- For the earnings code you set up in step 1, and for the earnings code used for leave loading you set up in step 2, visit the PR Auto Termination Pay Setup form and enter an ETP type record. For more information, see Setting Up Automatic Long Service Leave ETPs.
the standard calculated amount or
the rate specified in the Leave Flat Rate field (PR Limits and Rates form).