Determine 'Other Codes' for T4 Reporting
(Canada only) Use the T4 Other Codes tab of the PR Canada T4 form to specify codes for amounts that relate to employment commissions, taxable allowances and benefits, deductible amounts, and so on.
- If you initialize T4 information from the previous year, the system fills all fields on the T4 Other Codes tab of the PR Canada T4 form.
- If you initialize T4 information after loading a year-end regulatory release, you will need to enter additional information for any new codes.
- If you do not initialize data from the previous year, the system adds all available code numbers to the tab, but does not associate the codes with any earnings, deduction, or liability codes. In this case, you must enter additional data about the code.
- If you need to add an additional code number, enter the number in the Code Number field or press F4 to see a list of available code numbers.The system defaults the code number's description in the Desc display field.
- Select the EDL code type to associate the item with from the EDL Type drop-down.
- Enter the code number in the EDL Code field, or press F4 for a list of applicable codes.The system defaults the code's description in the Code Desc display field.
- Select an amount type from the Amount Type drop-down menu.
A-Amount – Liabilities that are treated like earnings. Select this option when you have to set up both earnings and liabilities so that the amounts will be added together.
E-Eligible Amount – Include only those earnings used in the calculation basis for the deduction amount.
S-Subject Amount – Wages that are subject to a certain deduction or liability.
- Save the record.
- Repeat the steps above to add additional code numbers.