Set Up Company Information for W-2 Processing
You will use the Info (or Grid) and Add'l Info tabs of the PR W-2 Process form to set up your company information for W-2 processing.
- On the PR W-2 Process form, click the New Record button () on the toolbar.The system disables all fields on the form except for Tax Year.Note: If you enter a previously initialized tax year, you can access federal, state, and local information without re-initializing the year.
- In the Tax Year field, enter the tax year and tab off.The system enables the fields on the form and defaults company-specific information in the EIN #, Company Name, and address fields.
- Edit defaulted information, as necessary.
- In the User ID # field, enter your user identification number. This number was provided to you by the Social Security Administration (SSA).
- In the Email field, enter the email address the SSA should use to contact you if there are problems with your W-2 filing.
- If you are a third-party sick pay provider, select the Third Party Sick Pay Indicator check box.
- In the Options to Initialize Retirement Plan box section, select the option that determines how the system sets the Retirement Plan check box in box 13 on the W-2 form. For more information on these options, click here.
- For Maryland users only, enter all applicable information in the fields on the Add'l Info tab. For more information on each field, refer to the F1 help.
- Save the record.