Assign Allowances to Craft Templates
You can assign payroll allowances to a craft template using the Allowance Earnings tab in PR Craft Templates.
Allowances enable you to pay an employee additional earnings based on a set time period. You will add allowances to PR Craft Template to generate allowance amounts for a specific craft shared by one or more jobs.
For more information on allowances, see Allowances.
The following instructions detail how to assign allowances to a craft template.
- In PR Craft Templates, select the Allowance Earnings tab.
- Enter the allowance name in the Allowance field. When entering an allowance, you can only enter one that has been set to have Craft Template as the rule set location. You can also press F4 for a list of valid craft template allowances.
- Enter an earnings code in the Earn Code field. When entering an earnings code, you can only enter one that has a method of Allowance. You can also press F4 to select from a list of valid allowance earnings codes. You should specify an earnings code that is specific to the allowance you enter. The system does not report based on allowances, but on earnings. Therefore, if you use a generic earnings code for each allowance, the system will only display a lump sum amount for earnings and you will be unable to tell which allowances contributed to the amount (PR Employee Pay Seq Control, Earnings Code tab, for example).
- In the Rule Set field, enter the rule set that you want to use to determine how the allowance gets calculated. Press F4 for a list of rule sets.
Enter a shift in the
Shift Rate Override field if you want to specify a shift pay
rate to use for this allowance. When you enter a shift here, the system will use
this shift's rate regardless of the shift worked for the employee. When the
employee works under multiple classes, shifts, and/or templates, the highest
straight time rate for the shift applies. However, a higher rate for the
employee in PR Employees (Hourly Rate field) will
override any/all shift rates.
If you leave this field blank, the system will use the straight time rate for the shift worked by the employee.
- Save the record as normal.