Assign Deductions and Liabilities to Craft Class Templates
You can assign deductions and liabilities to a craft class using the Dedns/Liabs tab in PR Craft Class Templates.
You can override deductions/liabilities specified in PR Crafts, PR Craft Classes, or PR Craft Templates by entering them here and adjusting information as necessary. You can also specify additional deductions/liabilities that are required by this craft class template.
The following instructions detail how to assign deductions and liabilities to a craft class template.
If you have created a pre-tax deduction and want to assign it at the craft/class/template levels, you must first add the pre-tax deduction to the Dedns/Liabs tab in PR Crafts. Once you add the pre-tax deduction to PR Crafts, you can then specify overrides in PR Craft Templates, PR Craft Classes, or PR Craft Class Templates. If you attempt to add a pre-tax deduction to the Dedns/Liabs tab for one of the these forms without adding it to PR Crafts, the system will display a warning and prevents you from entering the deduction.
- In PR Craft ClassTemplates, select the Dedns/Liabs tab.
- Enter the
deduction/liability code that is required for this craft class template in the
Code field. Press F4 for a list of codes.The system defaults values in the Description, Type, and Method fields.Note: Liabilities that will be included in the capped basis for a craft must also be set up on the Dedns/Liabs tab in PR Crafts, PR Craft Classes, PR Craft Template, PR Craft Class Templates, or PR Employee Dedns/Liabs; otherwise, the system will not include them in basis calculations. For more information, see Setting Capped Codes and Limits.
- If the calculation method (Method field) is variable (V), enter the earnings factor that applies to this craft class template in the Factor field. For all other calculation methods, the factor is set to 0.000000 and cannot be changed.
- Enter the old rate for this deduction/liability code in the Old Rate field. The system uses this rate for timecards entered prior to the effective date specified in PR Crafts or PR Craft Templates.
- Enter the new rate for this earnings code in the New Rate field. The system uses this rate for timecards entered prior to the effective date specified in PR Crafts or PR Craft Templates.
- Save the record as normal. Note: If a deduction (including pre-tax) or liability using a method of 'rate per day' is assigned to multiple crafts/classes or craft/class templates and an employee works on more than one craft/class for the same day, the deduction/liability will be calculated for each craft/class/template.Crafts, Classes, and Templates