Set Up Craft Classes
You can use the PR Craft Classes form to set up class codes.
These codes identify work type classifications within a craft/union. A separate class must be set up for each pay rate. For unions, this would typically be the code for Journeyman, Foreman, Apprentice 1, etc.
The following instructions detail how to set up craft classes.
- Open PR Craft Classes.
- In the Craft field, enter a valid craft or press F4 to select from a list of valid crafts.
- In the Class field, enter an identifier for the class.
- In the Description field, enter a description for the class.
- To use weighted-average overtime rates for this craft/class:
- Select the Use Weighted Average Overtime Rates check box.
- In the Average By field, select whether to use the Week or Day weighted-average calculation method.Note: The system uses these options in conjunction with the Use weighted average overtime rates and Average By options in JC Jobs. Therefore, you must select the corresponding options for each job that applies to this craft/class. Otherwise, the system will use regular overtime rates. For more information, see Weighted-Average Overtime Rates.
- In the EEO Class field, enter a class to be on the PR Monthly Employment Utilization Report. The three standard classes are J (Journeyman), A (Apprentice), and T (Trainee). You can use additional values, but in order for the report to count the number of employees per type, you must specify one of the three standard classes.
- The Wage Pct field applies to users of the PR Certified Transcript - eMars report only. For A and T standard classes, enter the percentage of the full wage the employee is being paid. For example, if the apprentice employee is being paid 80% of a regular employee wage, enter 80. Do not enter as a decimal.
- For Australia users: If you pay a weekly minimum for superannuation for this class, enter the amount in the Superannuation Weekly Minimum field. For more information, see Setting Weekly Minimums for Superannuation.
- If prevailing wage applies to the craft class (crafts with capped codes only), enter prevailing wage information.
- From the Calculation Method drop-down, select the calculation method for the craft class. Options include: Standard, Cash Fringe Factored, Generous Fringe Benefit Pkg #1, Generous Fringe Benefit Pkg #2, and Constant Fringe Benefit Rate. For more information about each of these options, see Calculation Method.
- If you selected the Cash Fringe Factored calculation method, use the Old Total Wage Rate
and New Total Wage Rate
fields to enter the old and new total prevailing wage rate for this craft
class. Then save the record.The system determines which rate to use based on the Effective Date specified for the craft in PR Crafts. :
- If you did not select the Cash Fringe Factored calculation method, do the following:
In the Old Basic Hourly Rate and New Basic Hourly Rate fields, enter the old and new basic hourly rate for the craft class. The system will determine which rate to use based on the Effective Date specified for the craft in PR Crafts.
In the Old Fringe Benefit Rate and New Fringe Benefit Rate fields, enter the old and new fringe benefit rate for the craft class. The system will determine which rate to use based on the Effective Date specified for the craft in PR Crafts.
Save the record.