Set Up Craft Templates
Some jobs may require different overtime rules, involve a reciprocal agreement between crafts, or use different add-on and/or deduction and liability rates.
Setting up a craft template allows you to override any or all of this information. You can use PR Craft Templates to create craft templates. You can access this form from the PR folder in the Main Menu or by double-clicking a record on the Craft Templates tab in either PR Crafts or PR Templates.
To set up a craft template, the craft must already exist in PR Crafts and a template must already exist in PR Templates. When adding a craft template, it automatically uses all of the standard craft's add-ons, deductions, and liabilities. A craft template also uses all of the standard classes for that craft, each with its own pay rates, add-on overrides, and deductions/liabilities. Only the elements that must be overridden will need to be maintained in PR Craft Templates.
Multiple jobs with the same rates can share a template. It is not necessary, or recommended, that a separate template be set up for each job.
The following instructions detail how to set up a craft template.
- Create a new template in PR Templates by entering a unique number in the Template field and a description in the Description field. Save the record as normal.
- In PR Craft Templates, click the New Record () button.
- Enter a craft number in the Craft field. Press F4 for a list of crafts.
- Enter the template number from step 1 in the Template field. Press F4 for a list of templates.
- If you want to override the standard craft's effective date, check the Override Craft Effective Date box and enter an effective date in the Effective Date field.
- If you want to override the overtime settings for jobs covered by this template, check the Override Overtime box and enter a new overtime schedule in the OT Schedule field (press F4 for a list of schedules).
- Set up a reciprocal agreement, if necessary. For more information, see Setting Up Reciprocal Agreements for Crafts.
- For Australia users: If you pay a weekly minimum for superannuation for this craft, enter the amount in the Superannuation Weekly Minimum field. For more information, see Setting Weekly Minimums for Superannuation.
- Assign add-on earnings to the craft template, if necessary. For more information, see Assigning Add-on Earnings to a Craft Template.
- Assign deductions/liabilities to the craft template, if necessary. For more information, see Assigning Deductions and Liabilities to a Craft Template.
- Set up craft class templates as necessary. For more information, see Setting Up Craft Class Templates.