Confirm an Employee's Eligibility for a JobMaker Period (AU)
Once you nominate employees for the JobMaker Hiring Credit (JMHC) program, you must then confirm each employee's eligibility for applicable JobMaker periods. Confirmation is required before you can make a claim for an employee/period.
If you determine an employee satisfies the requirements, you must confirm the eligibility for the selected period, and then declare the confirmation via the STP (Single Touch Payroll) process. Confirmations are reported as "pseudo-allowance" items using the Other Allowance Type code and a special JobMaker declaration description, and are reported within the employee's allowance collection (in PR STP Employee, Allowances tab).
- In PR Employees, enter the eligible employee in the Employee field.
- Click on the Add'l Info tab.
- In the Confirmation of Eligibility by Period section, select the JobMaker period (1-8) you are confirming for the employee.
- From the drop-down, select M0# - Declare employee met minimum hours test (where # represents the period number).For example, from the Period 1 drop-down, you would select M01 - Declare employee met minimum hours test.
- Save the record.
- To submit the declaration to the ATO, you must run the STP process (via PR STP Process).When generating submission data, the system creates a pseudo-allowance entry on the Allowances tab (in PR STP Employee), with a Type of Other, a description of the declaration (for example, "M01 - JobMaker Period 1 Declaration (JMHC-P01)), and a YTD Amount of 0.00.
For detailed information about running the STP process (generating data, verifying data, and creating the e-file), see Create an STP Pay Event Report.