Set up an Employee's Filing Status for PAYG Withholding (Australia)
(Australia only) Use the Filing Status tab in the PR Employees form to set up employee filing statuses for PAYG tax withholding.
You can enter this same information in the PR Employee Dedns/Liabs form; on that form you can also override the calculation or indicate an add-on amount. However, the method using this tab is more streamlined if you just need to enter the filing status and indicate the number of exemptions.
If you want to be able to push the changes you make in these fields to the fields on the W4 Info tab in the HR Resources form, the the W-4 Info check box in the PR Update Options section of the HR Company Parameters form must already be selected.To set up an employee's filing status for PAYG withholding:
- In the Dedn Code field, enter the PAYG deduction code. Press F4 to select from a list.
- If the employee submitted Form NAT 0929 and answered Yes to question 9 (Do you have a spouse?), select M from the Filing Status drop-down. Otherwise, leave this field blank.
- In the Scale field, enter the scale number for PAYG withholding. Click here for a list of scale numbers.
- If the employee submitted Form NAT 0929 and answered Yes to question 12, enter the number of children for the employee in the Children field. Otherwise, leave blank.
- If the answer to questions 8 and 9 on the employee's
NAT 3093 is Yes, select the Apply tax
offset check box.The system enables the Tax offset field.
- If you selected the Apply tax offset check box, enter the estimated tax offset amount from the NAT 3093 in the Tax offset field.
- (Optional) Select to update all fields on the W4 Info tab in the HR Resources.