Copying Basis Codes from another Deduction/Liability Code
The following instructions detail how to copy the basis codes from an existing deduction/liability code.
- Click Add Basis Codes . The system displays the PR Add DL Basis Codes form.
- Select the Copy basis codes from another DL Code radio button. The system enables the DL Code to Copy From field.
- Enter the code that you want to copy basis codes from in the DL Code to Copy From field. Press F4 for a list of deduction/liability codes.
- Click Add . The system copies all earnings and pre-tax deductions to the Basis Codes tab. You can then delete any individual codes that do not apply.
To add additional codes, select the Basis Codes tab, select the code type from the
drop-down, and enter the code number in the
to see a list of valid codes based on the code type.
Note: For a liability code to distribute correctly, you must assign at least one earnings code that has the Include in Liability Distributions box checked in PR Earnings Codes.
- Check the Subject Only box if the earnings are to be included in the subject amount only (and not the calculations) for this deduction or liability. For more information on this field, see Subject Only.