Set Automatic Accounts Payable Updates for D/L Codes
When creating deduction and liability codes in PR Deductions/Liabilities, use the Accounts Payable section (Add'l Info tab) to set up required information to have the system process automatic AP transactions from the calculated amounts for this deduction or liability.
AP updates can occur after you close the pay period.
The following instructions detail how to set up automatic updates to Accounts Payable.
- On the Addl Info tab of PR Deductions/Liabilities, check the Automatic update to Accounts Payable box.
- Enter the vendor number in the Vendor field. Press F4 for a list of vendors.
- Check the Separate AP transaction per Employee box to create a separate AP transaction for each Vendor/PRGroup/PEDate/DLCode/Employee combination. This option is used primarily for garnishments.
- In the Payable Type field, enter the payable type to credit when posting AP transactions with this deduction/liability. Press F4 for a list of payable types.
- In the Frequency field, enter the frequency that the system will update AP with transactions posted with this deduction/liability. Press F4 for a list of valid frequency codes.