Set up Separation Payments
(Canada only) Before you can enter ROE Separation Payments you must set up the payment information.
Separation payments are earnings paid to an employee due to separation (for example, vacation, statutory holiday, or other monies). These payments are reported in Block 17 of the Record of Employment (ROE) report.
- create dedicated earnings codes that will be used exclusively for each type of separation payment
- for each earnings code, set up the applicable separation payment information in the Record of Employment section of the PR Earnings Codes form.
- In the PR Earnings Codes form, select the earnings code for which you are setting up separation payment information.
- Click on the Addl Info tab.
- If this is an earnings for which EI premiums
are paid, or if CRA rules specify this earnings to be insurable, select the Insurable
Earnings check box.If you do not select this check box, earnings associated with this earnings code will not be included within Insurable Earnings in ROE reporting.
- If the hours worked for this earnings are
insurable per CRA rules, select the Insurable
Hours check box.If you do not select this check box, hours associated with this earnings code will not be included within Insurable Hours in ROE reporting.
- Select the Separation check box.
- From the Category drop-down, choose between V-Vacation, SH-Statutory Holiday, or OM-Other Monies to indicate the separation payment category.
- Depending on the category you selected, select the appropriate Pay Type.
- Save the record.