Set up Pay Cheques, Pay Stubs, and EFT Remittances to Print in Bilingual French/English
(Canada only) When setting up payment report information, choose which reports to use when printing cheques and direct deposit advice statements (EFTs).
You can specify bilingual reports that print static information in French and English, side by side. These reports support printing of certain variable information, such as pay period type, legal amount, and number formatting, in either French or English.
To set up pay cheques, stubs, and EFTs to print in bilingual French/English:
- In the PR Company Parameters form, click on the Report Info tab.
- In the four Report Title fields, press F4 to select the appropriate bilingual report title from a list. See the F1 Help in each report title field for information about the specific reports.
- If you want the descriptions on the stubs to appear in French and English, make sure that the Description fields in the PR Deductions/Liabilities, PR Earnings Codes, and/or PR Leave Codes forms include both French and English.Note: Do not create separate deductions/liabilities, earnings, and/or leave codes for French and English. Instead, create a bilingual description for the codes you want to use on the bilingual stubs.
- If you want any Message on the stubs to appear in French and English, make sure that the Comments fields in PR Cheque Print and PR Direct Deposit Print forms include both French and English.
- In the PR Employees form, in the Employee field, enter the employee number or press F4 to select from a list of employee numbers.
- On the Add'l Info tab, determine the language for pay period type, legal amount, and number formatting for this employee:
French - Select the Print Paycheque in French check box.
English - Leave the Print Paycheque in French check box unselected.