Set up Payroll Crews
You will use the PR Crews form to set up payroll crews.
Crews identify groups of employees and/or equipment that commonly work together.
The following instructions detail how to set up a payroll crew.
- In the Crew field, enter a unique code for the crew you are creating, up to 10 characters. Press F4 to see a list of crews.
- Enter a description for the crew in the Description field.
- In the JC Co# field, enter the default JC company for this crew. This is the company where the crew's time will generally be posted to. Press F4 for a list of valid companies.
- In the Job field, enter the job where the crew's time will generally be posted to. Press F4 for a list of valid jobs.
In the Timesheet
Phases fields, enter the phases where time for the crew will generally
be posted. You can enter up to eight phases for the crew.
Note: If you require more than eight phases, you can manually add them to additional timesheets for the crew in PR Crew Timesheet Entry.
- Enter the override earnings code for regular, overtime, and doubletime hours for this crew in the Regular, Overtime, and Doubletime fields, respectively. The system uses these earnings codes when sending timesheets to a payroll timecard batch.
In the PR Group
field, enter the payroll group for this crew. Press F4 to see
a list of valid groups.
Note: The group that you enter here must be the payroll group assigned to each of the crew members in PR Employees (PR Group field).
In the Shift
field, enter the shift for this crew.
Note: This shift defaults when you initialize timesheets and/or timecards for this crew.
Click the Timesheets Require
Approval box if you want crew timesheets to be approved before sending
them to a payroll, job cost, or equipment usage batch.
Note: You can approve crew timesheets using the PR Crew Timesheet Approve form. Timesheets are sent to batches using PR Timesheet Send.
- Add employees to the crew using the Crew Members tab.
- Save the crew record as normal.
The crew is now set up and you can begin entering timesheets for the crew in PR Crew Timesheet Entry.