Set up the PR to AP, CM, and GL Interfaces
For each Payroll company you set up, you must define the General Ledger, Cash Management, and Accounts Payable companies to which the Payroll company is to be linked.
The system will use these companies to validate certain information, such as vendors (AP), bank account information (CM), and general ledger accounts (GL). In addition, when processing payroll, the system will update these modules with the appropriate data.
To set up the PR to AP, CM, and GL interfaces:
- In PR Company Parameters, select the Info tab.
- In the GL Co # field, enter the GL company to use when expensing Payroll or press F4 to select from a list of valid GL companies.
- In the Journal field, enter the GL journal to use for payroll entries or press F4 to select from a list of valid GL journals.
- Select the Interface PRto GL check box to have payroll distributions update General Ledger.
- In the CM Co # field, enter the CM company to use for interfacing payments from Payroll to Cash Management. Press F4 to select from a list of valid CM companies.
- In the AP Co # field, enter the AP company to use for interfacing deduction and liability amounts to Accounts Payable. Press F4 to select from a list of valid AP companies.
- Save the record.