Enter Job Timecards
The following instructions detail how to enter job timecards in PR Timecard Entry.
You can enter a job timecard line in PR Timecard Entry when you select J-Job from the Type field. Job timecard lines are specifically laid out for the job distribution of earnings, but will handle both job and non-job labor.
- Open the PR Timecard Entry form. The Batch Selection form displays.
- In the Payroll Timecard Batches section of the form, enter the payroll group, payroll ending date, and payment sequence in the PR Group, PR End Date, and Pay Seq fields, respectively, and click OK. The PR Timecard Entry form displays.
- Select J-Job from the Type drop-down field.
- Enter the employee number in the Employee field. Press F4 to see a list of employees. A number of fields default including PR Dept, JC Co, and Job.
- Change the information in the JC Co and Job fields as necessary, and enter the phase number in the Phase field.
- If this timecard is associated with a JC Field Ticket, use the Ticket field to enter the field ticket number or press F4 to select from a list of valid field tickets for the contract/job.For more information about Field Tickets, see JC Field Ticket Form.
- Adjust additional field settings, as necessary. See F1 help on individual fields for more information. Note: The system adjusts the Rate field depending on the values that you enter in the Craft, Class, EC, and Shift fields.Important: If you need to manually override the insurance code on any line, you must first allow the Rate field value to set; then you can go back and enter the new insurance code. If you change the insurance code before the rate is set, threshold overrides can change your code selection.
- Enter the hours worked in the Hours field. The system defaults the calculated amount in the Amount field.
- Enter equipment usage into the EM Co, Equip, Equip Phase, CT, RC, and Usage fields, as necessary. See Entering Equipment Usage with Job Timecards for more information.
- Check the Cert box if you want the employee's earnings to be included when running Certified Reports.
- Save the record and add additional timecard lines for this employee or other employees, as necessary. Note: You can easily add new lines for an employee by using the copy function. For more information see the F1 help for the Copy 0-2 field.
- Process and post the timecard batch.