Entering SM Work Order Timecards
If you have purchased Service Management (SM), you can enter service timecards in PR Timecard Entry.
You will enter timecards of this type only when you are capturing labor hours for work performed on an SM work order. To capture labor hours for jobs or equipment, use the Job or Mechanics timecard options. Time entered for all timecard options will be added together to determine hours paid for the employee.
The following instructions detail how to enter service timecards in PR Timecard Entry. Because data entry will depend on the display options you selected in PR User Grid Options, the steps below may not reflect your grid setup. However, they do include required fields. For more specific information about a field, refer to the F1 help.
- From the Programs menu of Payroll, double-click on the PR Timecard Entry icon. The Batch Selection form displays.
- In the Payroll Timecard Batches section of the form, enter the payroll group, payroll ending date, and payment sequence in the PR Group, PR End Date, and Pay Seq fields, respectively, and click OK. The PR Timecard Entry form displays.
- In the Employee field, enter the employee associated with this timecard entry. Employee must be set up as a technician in SM Technicians. A number of fields default including the PR Dept, Ins State, and SM Co.
- From the Type drop-down field, select S-SM Work Order.
For Australian and Canadian companies, click here for important information about entering time for SM work orders.
- Use the Date or Day field (depending on how you set the Post by Day Number option in the Options menu) to specify the date or day the employee worked. This can be the entry date/day or the last date/day of the pay period.
- If applicable, change the default information in the Pay Seq and PR Dept fields as they apply to this timecard entry.
- Use the SM Co, SM WO and SM Scope fields to enter information about the SM work order to which this timecard applies.
If this is a job-related work order, the JC Co, Job, and Phase fields will automatically default from the work order and cannot be edited.
- In the SM Pay Type field, enter the SM pay type or press F4 to select from a list of valid SM pay types.
- In the SM Cost Type field, enter the SM cost type that applies to this timecard line . Press F4 for a list of valid SM Cost Types.
- If applicable, adjust the defaulted payroll information (i.e. Ins State, Tax State, Local, Unemp State, Ins Code, Craft, Class, EC, Shift, and Rate) as it applies to this timecard. See the F1 help for individual fields for more information.
- In the Hours field, enter the number of hours the employee worked. . The system defaults an amount in the Amount field.
- Enter equipment usage into the EM Co, Equip, Equip SM CT, RC, and Usage fields, as necessary. See Entering Equipment Usage with Service Timecards for more information.Note: The EM Co and Equip field will display before the Class field if you selected the Equipment Class Override option in PR Timecard Entry. For more information, see Equipment Class Override .
- Check the Cert box if you want the employee's earnings to be included when running Certified Reports.
- Save the record and add additional timecard lines for this employee or other employees, as necessary. Note: You can easily add new lines for an employee by using the copy function. For more information see the F1 help for the Copy 0-2 field.
- Process and post the batch.