Tracking Employee Start and Stop Times
The system allows you to track the start, stop, and break time for your employees.
You can track this time using two different methods:
You can use the PR Employee Daily Time form to track the daily start and stop time, as well as the break hours, for employees. Use this form if you need to report these details to a local jurisdiction requiring this information. For example, California requires this information from an employer to track qualification for Dual Wage Classifications.
If you need start/stop/break time to be associated with timecard records, you can customize PR Timecard Entry to display fields for entering this information.
These two methods of tracking start and stop times are independent and do not relate to one another, other than by concept. This topic discusses how to use PR Employee Daily Time to track start/stop/break times. For information on associating start/stop/break times with timecard records, see Entering Start and Stop Time on Timecards.
- You can access the PR Employee Daily Time from the PR Programs folder in the main menu or by selecting from the PR My Timesheet, PR Crew Timesheet Entry, or PR Timecard Entry forms .
- Enter the employee's number in the Employee field. Press F4 for a list of employees.
- Enter the work date in the Date field.
- Enter N, New, or + in the Seq field to create a new time record.
- Enter the starting time (24-hour format) in the Start Time field.
- Enter the stop time (24-hour format) in the Stop Time field. If you checked the Timecard Stop Time must be greater than Start Time box in PR Company Parameters, the time you enter here cannot be less than the Start Time value. If the Timecard Stop Time must be greater than Start Time box is not checked, all time after 24 hours will be considered the next day.
- Enter the number of hours that the employee took for a break in the Break Hours field.
- Save the record.