About Updating GL
Details on equipment usage updates to General Ledger.
When posting equipment usage, the update to General Ledger:
- Credits the Equipment account (defined in EM Departments, Revenue Codes tab) for the transaction. The GL account credited depends on the line’s revenue code or revenue breakdown codes.
- Debits the Offset Acct specified for the transaction. This account defaults as follows:
- If posting to transaction type ‘J-Job’, uses the GL account designated (in JC Departments) for the specified cost type.
- If posting to transaction type ‘E-Equipment’ or ‘W-Work Order’, uses the GL account designated (in EM Departments) for the specified cost code or cost type (if no override for cost code).
- If posting to transaction type ‘X-Expense’, the GL account defaults as null and must be entered manually.