About the IN Locations Form
Use this form to create and maintain the locations where stocked materials are stored - for example warehouses, job sites, batch plants, and quarries.
You must set up at least one location per Inventory company.
The Info and Add'l Info tabs contain static information about the location, such as the invoice reviewer (for AP unapproved invoices), purchase reviewer (for requisitions), mailing and shipping addresses, weight option for tickets entered in Material Sales, override cost method, tax code, and so forth. The system uses many of these field values as default values as you work in the module.
- Inventory Accounts - This tab is used to set up the primary accounts for each location. With the exception of the Inventory, Adjustments, and Cost Of Goods accounts, which are required, the remaining accounts defined on this tab are dependent on specific factors. For instance, the Cost Variance account is only needed if using the Standard Cost Valuation Method (IN Company Parameters), and the Misc and Tax Expense accounts are needed to override the default accounts specified in IN Company Parameters.
- Sales Accounts - This tab is used to set up the GL Revenue and Quantity GL accounts, as well as the AR Discount account. The Revenue accounts are used for tracking total revenue dollars for materials sold to customers, jobs, other Inventory locations, and equipment. The Quantity accounts are used to track units sold. The AR Discount account will be used for discounts taken when entering cash receipts against MS invoices where an Inventory location is specified. If no location is specified on the MS invoice, or a location is specified but no AR Discount account has been defined for the location, the Discount account assigned to the invoice’s receivable type will be used.
- Other Revenue - This tab is used to define the GL accounts for haul and surcharge revenue. Haul and surcharge revenue (what you charge the customer for delivery) may be classified based on whether delivery was made using your own equipment or using an outside haul vendor.
- Expense - This tab is used to define the GL accounts for haul, material, and surcharge expense. Haul expense (what you pay for delivery) may be classified based on whether delivery was made using your own equipment or using an outside haul vendor.
These accounts can be overridden, if necessary, by company, category, and/or company/category. Use the IN Location Category Override, IN Location Company Override, or the IN Location Co/Cat Override related grid tabs to override settings. Double-click on a record in these tabs to access the related form.
This tab only applies if you have the Workflow module and use the Process Workflow feature. Use this tab to assign a user to a specific role.
The following rules apply when adding roles/users:
- Users can only be associated with a role that they have been set up with using the HQ Roles tab.
- Users can be assigned to more than one role - for example a single user can have multiple roles.
- Roles can be used more than once.
The workflow processes added to this tab will override the workflow processes set up on the Workflow tab of the IN Company Parameters form, and the Workflow tab of the HQ Company Setup form - for example any process set up on a specific location will override the more generic processes set up at the module and application level. More Info
Once a location has been set up, selectto initialize materials to the current location.