About the MS Hauler Time Sheet Entry Form
Use this form to record the daily activity of either your own equipment or the independent haul vendors used to deliver materials.
Entry of haul information in this form is similar to that of the MS Ticket Entry, with the exception that material units, unit price, and material total information is not included.
Typically, this form is most useful if you frequently deal with hourly-based haul charges, payment rates, and/or equipment revenue, and use some form of hauler sheet to track and enter haul charges after you post material tickets. If haul information is normally included with the material tickets (i.e., haul charges, payment rates, and equipment revenue are unit based), then you may not need to use this form.
All of the information entered here is available for updates to Job Cost (hauling expense posted to jobs) and Equipment Management (equipment revenue from usage), as well as Accounts Receivable (haul charges posted to customers), and Accounts Payable (hauler payments), just as if it were posted in MS Ticket Entry.
It is expected that tickets uploaded from a scale package or manually entered in the system will generally be posted prior to the hauler’s time sheet. This allows you to ‘verify’ tickets as you make entries here (Tickets button to the right of the header). See Ticket Verification in Related Topics below for more information.
The Remove From Haul Sheet Entry section in MS Company Parameters (Haul Sheets tab) determines what fields will display on the hauler time sheet entry screen. When the box is checked for an option, all corresponding fields are removed from the time sheet entry screen.
Other features include:
- Haul Charge Taxes - Taxes will be calculated for haul
charges if the haul code is designated as subject to sales tax (US) or value
added tax (Australia and Canada) and the Haul Tax Option is set to
1-Taxable Using Haul Vendor or 2-Always Taxable in MSQuotes (if quote exists for
purchaser), or in AR Customers, JC Job Mater/PM Projects, or IN Locations (if no
quote exists for purchaser).Note: You can override the tax basis and the system will recalculate the tax amount accordingly; however, if you override the tax amount, the system will not recalculate the tax basis.
- Haul Payment Taxes (Australia and Canada) - You have the
ability to calculate taxes on haul payments to a vendor when entering time
sheets. If the Default Country in HQ Company
Setup is AU (Australia) or CA (Canada), the screen displays additional fields to
allow entering the haul pay tax type, code, and payment amount. The haul pay tax
amount (tax rate x pay total) will be included when processing haul payments in
MS Haul Payment Worksheet.Note: You can also enter haul charges and haul pay tax information in MS Ticket Entry.
- Posting Haul Revenue to Attachments - If entering haul information for your own
equipment, and the equipment used to haul the materials has an attachment, haul
revenue may also be posted to the attachment. The attachment must be flagged to
receive posted revenue in EM Equipment (Comp/Attach tab). Then, when you enter a
time sheet that references the equipment associated with the attachment, the
system creates a separate sequence for the attachment with just the revenue
amounts. Although the sequence is created upon validation of the time sheet, it
will not be displayed until the form is refreshed (Records menu). Note: You have the option to base your equipment revenue on haul charges, or have haul charges based on the equipment revenue. These options are controlled by haul code and/or revenue code setup options. For more detailed information, see “Linking Equipment Revenue to Haul Charges” in Related Topics below.
- Posting Haul Charges to Attachments - If you are calculating haul charges based on revenue, and you are using equipment with attachments, you can have the revenue posted to the attachment passed through as a charge to the job, customer, or purchasing inventory location along with the equipment. In order to accomplish this, the attachment must be flagged to receive revenue when posting revenue to the primary piece of equipment (in EM Equipment, Comp/Attach tab). In addition, any revenue codes you will use when entering haul charges for the primary piece of equipment must also be set up for the attachment (in EM Revenue Rates by Equipment and/or EM Revenue Rates by Category). When you enter revenue-based haul charges for the equipment, the system automatically calculates haul charges for the attachment as well, based on the attachment's revenue values.
- Deleting Timesheets - If one or more lines on a hauler timesheet has been invoiced in AR or AP (customer sales, intercompany invoices, and/or haul vendor payments), a message will display to the right of the line number indicating the AR invoice number and/or AP reference number. These timesheet lines cannot be flagged for deletion, nor can any of the information be edited.