About the PM PCO Add Items Form
You can access this form by clicking the Add PCO Items button on PM Pending Change Orders.
Follow the steps below to either create new PCO items or add information to an existing item.
- Open PM PCO Add Items.
- Use the PCO Item field to either create a new PCO item or add the items to an existing item.
Add to an existing PCO item
Enter a PCO item in this field to add information to an existing PCO item or press F4 to select one from a list.
By default, this field will populate with the PCO item selected on PM Pending Change Orders when this form was launched.
Create a new PCO item
Leave this field blank if you would like to create new PCO items.
Group all of the selected items onto a single PCO item
You can also use this field to group all of the items selected in the form onto a single PCO item. For example, if you select several phases, by default the form will create a separate PCO item per contract item for each phase. You can override this behavior by entering either an existing or new PCO item number in this field, and all of the selected items will be grouped onto that item.
- Use the
section to select the information that you would like to add to the PCO item. The selection in this field determines the columns and items that display in the grid.
- Select Vendor(SL) if you would like to add a subcontract to the PCO item. Only subcontracts that have been interfaced will display.
- Note: This option is only enabled if the SL box on the Info tab in the upper portion of the PM Pending Change Order form is checked before you click the Add PCO Items button.
- Vendor(PO) - Select Vendor(PO) if you would like to add a purchase order to a PCO item. Only purchase orders that have been interfaced will display.
- Note: This option is only enabled if the PO box on the Info tab in the upper portion of the PM Pending Change Order form is checked before you click the Add PCO Items button.
- Select Phase if you would like to add phases to the PCO item. The grid will populate with the phases associated with the project, but only phases that are associated with a cost type will display.
- Note: Phases are associated with a project and contract item using the Phases tab on PM Project Phases.
- Use the Keyword field
to filter the information that displays in the grid.Enter a keyword and the system will search all of the columns that display in the grid. For example, enter a vendor name, phase description, or cost type to filter the vendors or phases that display in the grid. For example, you can use this field to filter the phases that display in the grid by phase description.
- Select the items that you would
like to add to the PCO item.Use the Keyword field multiple times
You can use the Keyword field multiple times without closing the form. For example, use the Keyword field to filter the grid, make a selection, enter a new value in the Keyword field, and then make additional selections. The form will apply all of your selections to the PCO item even if they do not currently display in the grid.
Select All/Deselect All
You can also use the Select All or Deselect All buttons to make selections, but these buttons only affect the items that display in the grid. For example, clicking the Deselect All button will not deselect any items that have been selected but do not display in the grid.
The subcontract/purchase order does not display
Only subcontracts and purchase orders that have been approved and interfaced will display in the form. If the subcontract or purchase order that you want to select does not display, verify that it has been approved and interfaced using the PM Interface form.
- Check the
Create New PO/SL Item(s)
box if you want to create a new item on the selected subcontract or purchase order.
When this box is checked, the system will create a new item on the selected subcontract or purchase order. The system will automatically select the next available item number and populate it in the PO/SL Item column on the Estimate/Purchase Details tab on the PM Pending Change Orders form.
Subcontract/POs with multiple items
If a subcontract or purchase order has multiple items, each of those items will display in the lower portion of the form. When creating a new subcontract or PO item, it doesn't matter which item you select.
If you select several items on the same subcontract or PO, the system will create several new items on that subcontract/PO.
- Check the Prefill Contract Item box if you want the contract items associated with the selected items to populate on the pending change order. For example if you select a purchase order item in the form and check the Prefill Contract Item box, the system will use the phase on the selected PO item to find the associated contract item, and then it will populate the Contract Item field on the Info tab in the lower portion of the PM Pending Change Orders form.
Click the Add Items
button to add all selected information to the PCO item.
Note: If you accidentally selected duplicate information, a message will appear informing you that the duplicate items were skipped.
- Close the message window that displays and then click the Close button to return to PM Pending Change Orders.