About the PM PCO Items Create POCOs Form
Use this form to create PO change orders (POCOs) using the detail items on a PCO. Access this form by selectingon the PM Pending Change Orders form.
The following must be true to create POCOs from PCO detail items:
- A detail item on the PCO must be associated with a purchase order and purchase order line item - PCO detail items are entered using the Estimate/Purchase Details tab on PM Pending Change Orders, and they are associated with a PO and PO item using the PO and PO/SL Item fields.
- The PO item cannot already be associated with a PO change order - each PO item can only be associated with a single PO change order.
- The PO associated with the PCO detail item must be approved, or interfaced - purchase orders are approved using the Approved checkbox on the Info tab of PM Purchase Orders and they are interfaced using PM Interface.
This form has the following key features:
- You can create one or many POCOs - A separate POCO will be created for each PCO detail item associated with a unique purchase order. This is because a POCO can only be associated with a single purchase order. PCO detail items associated with the same purchase order will be grouped together onto a single POCO.
- You can add items to an existing POCO - If all of the PCO detail items are associated with the same purchase order, you can add these items to an existing POCO on that purchase order.
- Created POCOs will be linked to the PCO - When you create POCOs using this form, the created PO change orders will be linked to the PCO using the Related Items feature.
- The purchase orders do not have to be interfaced with accounting - You can create PO change orders for purchase orders that have been approved, or approved and interfaced with the accounting modules using PM Interface.
Create POCOs using PCO Detail Items
Follow the steps below to create PO change orders (POCOs) using PCO item detail.
- In PM Pending Change Orders , select a pending change order that contains detail items that meet the conditions outlined at the top of this document.
- Select in PM Pending Change Orders. This will open PM PCO Items Create POCOs.
- All of the PCO detail items that meet the conditions outlined at the top of this document will display in the grid.
- Use the Keyword field to locate the PCO detail items that should be added to PO change orders.
- Check the box next to each PCO detail item that should be added to a PO change order. Note: You can also use the Select All and Deselect All buttons to check or uncheck all of the boxes that display in the grid. These buttons only affect the items that display in the grid.
- If you are adding the
selected PCO detail items to an existing PO change order, press F4 in the Add to POCO
Number field to select it from a list. If you leave this field blank,
a new POCO will be created. This field will be disabled if you selected PCO detail
items that are associated with more than one PO. You can see the PO associated with
each PCO detail item using the PO column.Note: You can run this process multiple times if you have several PCO detail items that should be grouped onto a single POCO, and you also have PCO detail items that should be added to new POCOs.
- Click the Create POCOsbutton when complete.
- A message will appear. Click Yes you would like to open the created POCO using PM PO Change Orders .
- For each PCO item added to a POCO, the PO change order number and sequence will populate in the PO Change Order and PO Change Order Seq fields on the Estimates/Purchasing Details tab in the lower portion of PM Pending Change Orders .
The PO change order and the pending change order(PCO) will automatically be related using Related Items feature. Click here for general information on the Related Items feature.
PCO - What do you want to do? A series of slides that guide you through most of the major tasks.
Change Orders - Overview