About the PM PO Change Orders Form
Use this form to record the change in scope to an existing purchase order- for example additions or subtractions to existing items, or the creation of new scope items.
From this form you can create and maintain PO change orders (POCOs), generate and send PO change order documents using the Create and Send feature, and then approve the PO change orders.
What do you need to know?
- You cannot create a new PO using this form - You cannot use this form to create new purchase orders, but you can create new PO items using the PO Item field in the lower portion of the form. Click here for a basic overview on creating new purchase orders.
- You can also create PO Change Orders in the PO module - You can also create a PO change order using the PO Change Order Entry form in the PO module, but the purchase order information will not be available in the PM module. By entering the POCO in the PM module and then interfacing it with the PO module, the PO information is available in both the PM and PO modules.
- Original Purchase Order -
- Current Purchase Order - Original PO + Prior Approved PO Change Orders
- Pending Purchase Order CO - This amount includes all PO change orders on the purchase order that have not been interfaced with the accounting modules, and it also includes the amounts associated with the items in the lower portion of the form.
- Pending Purchase Order = Current Purchase Order + Pending PO Change Orders
- Other Pending COs - all the following must be true about
PO change order items in order to be included in this amount:
- the Interface check box is selected on the Info tab in the lower portion of the PM PO Change Orders form
- they are included on a PO change order that has not been approved, or has been approved but does not have a final status (Status field on the Info tab of the header of the PM PO Change Orders form)
they are not included on the current PO change order
Approve / Unapprove
The Approve button is used to automatically approve all of the items on a PO change order. Once you approve a PO change order, you can then interface it to the accounting modules using PM Interface (accessed by selecting ).
You can also manually approve POCO items using the Interface check box, which allows you to select which items on a POCO will be interfaced with the accounting modules. For more information about the PO change order process, see PO Change Orders Overview.
- Selects the Interface check box on every PO change order item
- Selects the Ready for Accounting check box on the Info tab in the upper portion of the form
- Changes the status of the PO change order to the default
final statusNote: The status of a PO change order is set using the Status field on the Info tab in the upper portion of the form. The default final status is set up using the Default Final Status field on the Info tab of PM Company Parameters.
- Populates the Approved field with the current date - this only applies if a date has not already been entered in this field
- Changes the system status of the PO change order to Approved - the system status displays at the top of the form next to the Project field
- Locks down all of the PO change order items on the POCO so that they cannot be changed
Once you click the Approve button, it becomes an Unapprove button.
Clicking the Unapprove button:
- Clears the Interface check box on every PO change order item
- Clears the Ready for Accounting check box on the Info tab
- Deletes the status of the PO change order
- Deletes the value in the Approved field
- Changes the system status to Unapproved
- Enables the items on the PO change order so that they can be edited.