Step 1: Create the Pending Change Order (PCO)
- Open the PM Pending Change Orders form.
- Click the New Record () icon to create a new PCO.
- Press F4 in the PCO Type field and select a billable PCO type from the list that displays.
- By default the PCO field will populate with the next available number.
- Complete the Info tab in the upper portion of the form, being sure to verify the selection in the Change Impact and Pricing Method fields.
- Open the Info tab in the lower portion of the form and then enter a '+' in the PCO Item field. The system will create a new PCO item and automatically assign it the next available number.
- Enter general information about the PCO item in the Info tab in the lower portion of the form.
- Use the Contract Item and Fixed Amount fields to select how the contract will be impacted. Press F1 in either of these fields for more detailed information.
- Open the Estimate / Purchase Details tab in the lower portion of the form. Remember that the columns that display on this tab vary depending on the selection in the Pricing Method field on the Info tab in the upper portion of the form.
- Manually enter the PCO lines or click the Add PCO Items button. Notice the Estimate Amount total and compare it to the PCO’s Info tab Contract Change Amount field. What is the difference?
- Open the Markups tab. Markups are copied from the PM Project form, and the Contract Markup % field increases the price of line items, and the Internal Markup % field increases the estimate value.
Open the Add-Ons tab. Add-ons are also copied from the PM Project form, and may be modified.
- An add-on will not calculate if the associated cost type does not appear on the Estimate/Purchase Details tab. For example a subcontract add-on will only calculate if a subcontract cost type is on the Estimate/Purchase Details tab.
- To delete an add-on, highlight it by clicking on the gray strip on the left line and then press DELETE.
- To include an add-on, it must first exist on the PM Project form. Click in the Add-On column on the new line, and then press F4 for a list of those already set up on the Project. Press F5 to enter a new add-on for the PM Project.
- Optional: Use the Create and Send feature to generate a change order document for approval, or run a report by selecting .