Create and Apply a New Projection Layout
You can create a new projection layout for a projection code or phase/cost type, and then apply that layout to the PM Cost Projections form.
- From the PM Cost Projections form, click the Projections Layout icon () in the toolbar. The Projection Manage Layouts form will display.
- The PM Projection Manage Layouts form displays all of the layouts that you have created, on both the Projection Code and Phase/Cost Type tabs, and all of the layouts that other users have created and made public.
- Click on the Add button to create a new layout. The PM Projection Layouts form will display.
- Enter the name of the layout that you are creating in the Layout field.
Use the Available
To section to select who can access the layout.
- Private- Check this box if only you should be able to apply the layout.
- Shared-Check this box if anyone should be able to apply the layout. This option allows you to share you layout with other users.
- Check the Allow other user to edit box if other users should be able to make changes to the layout. This option only applies if you selected Shared in theAvailable To section.
Note: Click here for a descriptive list of the calculated fields on the Grid tab of the PM Cost Projections form.
- Change Column Order - The column at the top of the form displays first on the PM Cost Projections form (from left to right). To change the order of a column, drag and drop a column into a new position.
- Change Column Headings - Change the text in the Header Text field to change the column heading that displays on the PM Cost Projections form.
- Change Column Display - Select the Shown check box for each column you want displayed in PM Cost Projections.
- Set Column Width - Enter a value in the
Width column to manually set the width of a column. The
width is entered in pixels, for example enter 50 in this field if the should be 50 pixels wide.
Once the layout has been applied, you can also manually adjust the width of a column using the PM Cost Projections form. Any manual adjustments to the column will not update the selected layout.
- Set Column Color - Click the Select button in the Color column to set the color of a column.
To save the changes and exit the PM Project Layouts form, click
To save your changes and keep the PM Project Layouts form open, click Apply.
To apply the new layout, in PM Projection Manage Layouts, select the layout and
then click Select.
A message displays indicating the form must reload for the changes to take effect, and asks if you want to reload now.
- Select Yes to reload the PM Cost Projections form.