Create Projection Codes Automatically
You can create projection codes automatically based on the phases, cost types, phases and cost types, or contract items on the job.This can save you time and reduce data entry when creating projection codes
- Any phase/cost type that is already been assigned to a projection code on the job
Any phase that is already associated with a projection code
- Any phase on the job that is not associated with a cost type - This can occur if there are no cost types associated with the phase in the JC Phases form (Cost Types tab), and no cost types were added to the phase once it was associated with the job (JC Job Phases, Cost Types tab).
To auto-create projection codes:
- Open the PM Projection Codes form.
- In the Project field, enter the source project or press F4 to select from a list of valid projects.
- From the toolbar, select Tasks and then select one of
Menu Option Description Create Projection Codes from Phases
Creates a projection code for each phase on the job. If a phase is associated with multiple cost types, those cost types are added to the Phase/Cost Type tab on the PM Projection Codes form. If the Phase Unit Flag is set for a phase’s cost type, that UM will default as the projection code's unit of measure (UM).
Cost types are associated with the phases of a job using the Cost Types tab on the JC Job Phases form.
Create Projection Codes from Cost Types Creates a projection code for each cost type on the job. If a cost type is associated with multiple phases, those phases are added to the Phase/Cost Type tab on the PM Projection Codes form. Create Projection Codes from Phases and Cost TypesCreates a projection code for each unique phase and cost type combination on the job.
- The ID number of each generated projection code will be a combination of the phase code and the cost type. For example, if phase is 03110- - and the cost type is 3, the projection code will be 03110- - - 3.
- The description of each projection code will be a combination of the the phase and cost type descriptions. For example, if the phase description is F&S Footings/Foundations and the cost type description is Labor, the projection code description will be F&S Footings/Foundation - Labor
- The projection code UM will be automatically set with the cost type UM.
Create Projection Codes from Contract Items
Create a projection code for each contract item on the job.
- The contract item must be associated with a phase on the job. The system will not create projection codes for contract items that have been created using the JC Contracts form but not associated with a phase on the JC Jobs form.
- If a contract item is associated with multiple phases, those phases are added to the Phase/Cost Type tab on the PM Projection Codes form.
- The system will also create a record on the Phase/Cost Type tab for each cost type associated with a phase on the contract item.
The screen displays a form that corresponds to the option you selected. For example, if you selected Create Projection Codes from Phases, the Create ProjCodes from Phase form displays.
- If the Item Unit Flag is set for a phase’s cost type, that UM will default as the projection code's UM.
- Click Start.A message displays indicating how many projection codes were created. In addition, it will also specify how many codes were not created.
- Click Close.