Enable Multi-User Cost Projections
You can have multiple people working on cost projections simultaneously to save time and gain efficiency for a project.
There are a few things that you should consider when using multi-user projections:
Multi-user mode is enabled on an individual, projection-by-projection basis (versus project-by-project).
Once enabled for a projection, you cannot revert multi-user mode. However, you can clear or submit the projection to clear multi-user projections.
If you enable multi-user mode for a projection, the system will display a warning when you submit or clear a projection if another user has it open.
Multi-user mode allows you to see who has updated a projection—and when—via the Modified By and Modified Date grid fields. You can also see changes made to a projection by other users by selecting the Refresh Records icon.
To enable multiple users to work on a cost projection:
- From the main menu, select .
- In the Projection Date field, enter the date of the projection batch or press F4 to select from a list of existing projection batches.
- In the Project field, enter the project to work with.Note: If you used the F4 Lookup to select a projection date in Step 1, this field automatically defaults the project.
- From the toolbar, select .
- At the "Would you like to allow other user to update this projection at the same time" prompt, click Yes.