Add Contacts to a Distribution List
You can manually add contacts to a distribution list for any applicable record in Project Management (for example, subcontracts, subcontract change orders, RFIs, and drawing logs).
- When you include a contact in Create and Send communication.
- When you set up a contact as a default for the document type in PM Assign Distribution Defaults (accessed by clicking the Distribution button on the toolbar and selecting Distribution Default).
- When you create a new record in an applicable form (for example, PM Subcontracts) and specify a vendor that is set up as a project firm with contacts defined.
However, you can also manually add contacts to the distribution list directly in the Distributions tab of the related form.
- From the Vista main menu, open the applicable form (for example, PM Subcontracts).
- In the Project field, enter the project to work with or press F4 to select from a list of valid projects.
- Select the record to work with (for example, if in PM Subcontracts, use the
Subcontract field to select the subcontract). Some forms require entry of a document type and document. For example, in PM Request for Information, you must enter an RFI Type and RFI.
- Select the Distribution tab.Note: If you selected the Always Show Form check box on the Project Firm Contacts form, the screen automatically displays the Project Firm Contacts selection window, allowing you to select contacts to add to the grid. If you did not select the Always Show Form check box, you can access the Project Firm Contacts window by selecting from the toolbar.
- Select the contact you want and then drag-and-drop it onto the Distributions
tab.The selected contacts are added to the Distributions grid.
- Close the Project Firm Contacts window.
- If you want to add a contact not listed in the Project Firm Contacts
- In the Send To Firm field, enter the "send to" firm or press F4 to select from a list of all active firms or project firms.
- In the Send To Contact field, enter the "send to" contact or press F4 to to select from a list of active firm contacts or project firm contacts.
- For each contact added to the grid (via manual entry or drag-and-drop), if the contact should receive communications related to this project/subcontract, select the Send check box.
- Verify that each contact's Preferred Method of correspondence is correct.
- In the Send Type field, select how to include the contact in communications: To, Cc, or Bcc.
- Select the Send check box for each contact that should receive communications. If this check box is not selected, the contact is excluded when generating documents via the Create and Send feature.