Create a Document Location
Create a document location using the PM Create & Send Locations form.
- Click the New Record icon.
- In the Location field, enter a name for the new location.
- The Document Path field identifies where the document templates will be stored.
Your deployment method dictates what action you should take in this field:
Deployment method Required Action VRL Cloud Do not make a selection or enter anything. Skip this step. LAN, VEC, or VFC Use the Browse button to navigate to and select the directory location on the network. LAN and VRL on-premises The directory you enter must be subdirectory of the directory defined in the API Settings tab of the Viewpoint Configuration form located on your app server. If you don't know what's been defined, ask your system administrator. VRL on-premises only Do not make a selection or enter anything. Skip this step.Important: Do not use the standard Viewpoint document templates directory (Viewpoint Repository\Document Templates\Standard). If you do, each time you install a new release, the update will overwrite this directory, thereby removing your custom templates.
Instead, save your custom templates to the Viewpoint Repository\Document Templates\Custom\<your_custom_name> directory.
- Click Save.
- if you want to copy a standard document template and paste it into the new location, use the PM Copy Document Template form.
- if you want to move existing customized templates to the new location, use the PM Transfer form.