Create a New Issue
You can create project issues to track possible problems and issues that occur during the lifetime of a project.
- From the Vista main men, select
- From the PM Issues form, click the New Record () icon.
- In the Project field, enter the project or press F4 to select from a list of projects.
- In the Issue field, enter N, or '+' . . The system create a new issue and automatically assigns the next available sequential number.
- The Project and Issue fields will populate with default information.
- In the Description field, enter a brief description of the issue.
- In the Type field, enter the type of project issue you are creating or press F4 to select from a list of issue types.
- In the Details text box, enter detailed information about the issue.
Click the Spelling icon on the toolbar or select Tools> Spelling to spell check the text in this field.
Add a Standard Note
Standard notes allow you to insert frequently used text into some fields in the application. This text is created and maintained using the HQ Standard Note form.
To insert a standard note into the field, right click the mouse while focus is in the field and select Standard Notes from the shortcut menu, which opens the Standard Note Copy window. Then enter the standard note to copy (or select from F4 lookup) and click OK. The system inserts the selected note into the field.Note: You can use the Add Standard Note feature to insert frequently used text into the issue details. For more information, see the F1 help.
- Optional: Use the Distribution tab and Create and Send feature to generate an issue document and send it to a project contact.
- Optional: Use the Issue Log Entry tab to create and maintain a list of actions associated with the issue.
- Click Save when complete.