Request for Quote
Request for Quote (RFQ) documents allow you to get an itemized breakdown of what it will take to complete the items on a change order, for example the labor, materials, equipment, and overhead costs.
A new PM Request For Quote form has been created in the 6.7.0 release. The legacy form is now titled PM Request For Quote - 6.6 and will be removed from a future release.
The following is a list of benefits to using the new PM Request For Quote form:
- Copy RFQ - Open an RFQ in the new PM Request For Quote form and then select to copy the RFQ. This can save you time when creating a new RFQ that is similar to one that already exists. Using this feature you can copy an RFQ to a different project, or to the same project.
- RFQ is not tied to a specific PCO - The RFQ is no longer tied to a specific pending change order(PCO). You can now create an RFQ record without having to select an existing PCO, and then associate the RFQ with one or more change orders using the Related Items () feature.
- Change Orders tab - A Change Orders tab displays detailed information about all of the change orders that have been associated with the RFQ using the Related Items feature. This includes pending change orders (PCOs), approved change orders (ACOs), PO change orders (POCOs), and subcontract change orders (SCOs). You can also use the new Create () feature on the form to create a new change order based on the information entered on the RFQ. The system will automatically relate the change order to the RFQ using the related items feature.
- Record RFQ Details - Use the lower portion of the new PM Request For Quote form to capture the information that is specific to each subcontractor/vendor that is impacted by the RFQ. This includes a separate Scope field for each RFQ item, and Status, ROM (rough order of magnitude), Firm, Contact, Vendor, and Date Sent/Date Received fields.
Formatted Notes - There is now a Scope field associated with both the RFQ and RFQ items. It is a formatted notes field, which means you can format the text entered in the field.
New Standard Document Template - A new standard RFQ document template has been created and added to the PM Create and Send Templates form. The new standard RFQ document template includes the formatted text entered using the Scope field on the PM Request For Quote form.
What should you do with your old RFQs?
You can migrate your legacy RFQs into the new PM Request For Quote form using the PM Migrate Data form. Consider the following when migrating RFQs:
- You can run this process multiple times - You can run this process multiple times on a single project, or a company.
- RFQs that have already been migrated will be ignored - Any RFQs that have already been migrated to the new form will be ignored by this process.
- You can run this process at any time - Because RFQs that have already been migrated are ignored and you can run this process multiple times, you can run this process at any time. For example if you migrate all of the RFQs for a specific project but then accidentally enter a new RFQ using the legacy form, you can run the migrate process again to migrate over the new RFQ.
- Custom fields will be created and the data will be copied - When you run the migration, any custom fields on the PM Request For Quote - 6.6 form will automatically be created on the new PM Request For Quote form, and the data will be copied to the new RFQs.
RFQs and the PM Work Center
- RFQ Details - The RFQ Details option in the PM Work Center (Procurement> RFQ Details) displays all of the RFQs created using the enhanced PM Request For Quote form. You can perform most of the tasks associated with RFQs from the Work Center, and you can drill down into an RFQ to view the RFQ items.
- RFQ Log - The RFQ Log option displays all of the RFQs created using the new PM Request for Quote form and detailed information about each RFQ item. You can also use this option to perform most of the tasks associated with RFQs.
- Request For Quote - 6.6 - Use this option (Change Management> Request For Quote - 6.6) to view the legacy RFQs. You can also use this option to launch the PM Request For Quote Log - 6.6 report, which displays a filtered list of legacy RFQs.
- PM Request For Quote Log - Use this report to review a filtered list of RFQs and RFQ items. This report only includes RFQs that were created using the new PM Request For Quote form, or legacy RFQs that were imported into the new form using the PM Migrate Data form. The report will also only display RFQs with RFQ items. You can launch this report from the PM Work Center (Procurement> Request For Quote> Report icon).