About the PM Submittal Register Form
Use this form to create and maintain the submittal register of each project.
Once submittals are entered in the register using the PM Submittal Register form, you can bundle them in a submittal package using the PM Submittal Package form.
From this form you can do any of the following:
- Open a Submittal Package - You can open the package associated with a submittal by selecting a submittal, and then selecting PM Submittal Package form and display the package associated with the selected submittal. . This will open the
- Customize Submittal Display - You can customize how submittals display in this form. The system saves the selection in your user account so that it persists each time you open the form. Options are as follows:
- Close/Reopen a Submittal - You can close a submittal by selecting the submittal in the grid and then selecting . The system sets the Status field above the grid to Closed. To reopen the submittal, select the submittal in the grid and select .
- Assign a submittal to a new package - The Package and Package Revision fields display the package to which a submittal is assigned. If you would like to reassign the submittal to a different package, you can do so using the PM Submittal Package form. For more information, see Assign a Submittal to Different Package .
If you set up a submittal schedule at the company and/or project level and the Auto Calculate Submittal Due Dates box on the PM Info tab in the PM Projects form is checked, the due to and due from dates will automatically populate on a submittal when it is created.
Click here for information on submittal schedules.
You can turn on Alerts so that overdue submittals are highlighted in the grid. To turn on Alerts, selectfrom the menu bar.
The system will highlight any submittal if one or more of the following is true:
- The Due To Responsible Firm field is <= the current date, and there is no date in the Sent To Responsible Firm field.
- The Due from Responsible Firm field is <= the current date, and there is no date in the Received from Responsible Firm field.
- The Due to Approving Firm field is <= the current date, and there is no date in the Sent to Approving Firm field.
- The Due from Approving Firm field is <= the current date, and there is no date in the Received from Approving Firm field.
Attachments and Submittal Revisions
When you add an attachment to the submittals register by clicking on the Attachments icon () and then selecting Add Attachment from the menu that appears, you are adding an attachment to a specific submittal revision.
If that submittal revision is copied using the PM Submittal Create Revision form, the attachment on that revision is automatically copied to the new revision.
You can also copy attachments on submittal revisions using the PM Submittal Register Copy form.