Create a new submittal package revision
Follow the steps below to create a new revision on a submittal package.
This will do the following:
Copy an existing submittal package and assign it a new revision number
Copy the submittals on the package to the new revision and assign each one a new submittal revision numberNote: Submittals with a final status will not be copied to the new package revision. Submittals that have been closed will be copied to the new submittal package revision.
- Open the About the PM Submittal Package Form form.
- Open the package revision that you want to copy.
- Click the Create Package Revision button at the bottom of the form. This will open the PM Package Create Revision form.
- Use the fields in the Submittal Package to Copy fields to verify that you are copying the correct package and revision.
- Check the Close source submittal package box to close the source submittal package and all of the items on the submittal package. This will close the submittal package and all of the submittal package items that have not already been closed, this will not change their statuses. More
- Use the Status field to enter the status of the new submittal package. This field will populate with the default beginning status set up using the Default Beginning Status field on the Info tab of the PM Company Parameters Form form.
- Use the Package Revision field to select the revision number of the new submittal package. By default this field will populate with the next available number.
- Check the Clear Dates, Status, Notes on Revisions box if you do not want to copy the dates (sent, due, received, etc.), statuses, and notes to the new revision of the submittal package and submittals.
- Click the OK button when complete. This will create a new submittal package revision and close the PM Package Create Revision form.
- Use the PM Submittal Package form to make changes to the new revision.