Step 1: Enter PO Detail Information
Follow the steps below to enter PO detail information. This is the first step in the material buyout process and is used to create the PO items and then group them onto a PO.
Click here for an overview of the material buyout process.
This process only covers completing the required fields and basic setup. When going through these steps, you can move the cursor into any field on the form and press F1 to open field level help and get more detailed information about that field.
- Open the PM Material Detail form. You can open this form from either the PM module Programs folder or by clicking the Material Details button on the PM Project Phases form .
- Enter a project number into the Project field. The form will populate with information from the selected project.
- Each item on the Non-Interfaced tab is a phase on the project associated with a material cost type and is material that needs to be purchased. Items on the Interfaced tab are PO line items that have already been interfaced with the PO module. Note:
Cost types are assigned to phases using the PM Project Phases form . Costs types are set up as material cost types using the JB Cost Type Category drop down on the Info tab of the JC Cost Types form .
- Select an item to add to a PO on the Non-Interfaced tab.
- The Material Code field is used to select a material set up using the HQ Materials form. If you have not set up material codes, skip this field and enter a description of the material that should be purchased in the Material Description field.
- Select P - Purchase Order in the Material Type drop down. Click in the field and press F1 for more information about the other selections in this field.
- The Phase and Cost Type fields will already be complete. These fields will populate based on the phase on the project that is assigned a material cost type.
- Press F4 in the Vendor field to select a vendor for the material. If the vendor hasn't been added to the AP module, click in the field and press F5. This will open the AP Vendors form , allowing you to create a new vendor.
- Skip the PO and PO Items field. These fields will be completed later in this process.
- Check the Receiving box if the material is going to be received using the Purchase Order module. Click the box and press F1 for more information about this field.
- Complete the Units, UM, Unit Cost, and Amount fields. The original estimates for the material will display at the top of the form. The amounts entered into these fields can be different than the estimates.
- The Tax Type and Tax Code fields are used to add taxes to the PO item. Click in one of these fields and press F1 for more information.
- Only material items with the Send box checked can be interfaced with the PO module using the PM Interface form. You can either check this box now or wait until you are ready to interface the PO with the accounting modules. Note: During the Material buyout process the PO items are grouped together onto a PO, the PO is approved, the document is generated, and then the PO is interfaced with the accounting modules. The Send box allows you to define which items on the approved PO are ready to be interfaced with the accounting modules because only items with this box checked will be sent over to accounting.
- The basic information is complete. Click the Save icon to save the item and then enter more PO items if needed following the steps above.
- Once all PO items have been entered, click the Initialize button. This will assign the PO and PO Item numbers to the PO items, which groups the items onto purchase orders. Items with the same vendor will be grouped onto the same PO.
- The PO detail is now complete.
Click here for information on entering the PO summary information, which is the next step in the material buyout process.