Interface a New Project or Project Items
You can interface new project or project items, such as subcontracts, purchase orders, and change orders, using the PM Interface form.
- Open the PM Interface form.
- Enter a project number in the Project field or press F4 to select one from a list.
- All of the items that are ready to be interfaced on the selected project will display in the form.
- Use the Item Type and Keyword fields to filter the items that display. For example if you want to interface a specific subcontract, select Subcontract in the Item Type drop down and only the subcontracts associated with the project will display in the form.
Check the Interface box next to each item that should be interfaced. Only
items that display in the grid and have the Interface box checked will be
interfaced. You can also use the Select All and Deselect
All buttons to check or uncheck the Interface box next to all of the items that display in the
Note: If you select an approved change order that has attachments, the attachments will update to the Job Cost module. If you interface the change order again, the attachments will not be updated in the JC module even if they have been updated, added, or deleted in the PM module.
- Enter the post date and year into the Month field.
- Click the Validate button once all of the items that you would like to interface have been selected.
Validating the data will
generate the audit reports. A check will display next to each audit report
generated by the validation. If a report is disabled, the report does not apply
to the information being interfaced. Uncheck the box next to any report that you
don't want to view and then click the Preview or Print button.
Note: If there are errors associated with the items that are being interfaced, an error list will be created. The error list displays the missing or incorrect information and the form that should be used to correct the error.
Use the audit reports to
verify that the information being interfaced is correct. Click the Clear
button if you want to return to the item selection. For example, if
you preview the audit reports and realize that you should have included another
item, click the Clear button, select the
additional item, and the click the Validation button again to
the regenerate the audit reports.
Important: The audit reports are not available after the information has been interfaced, so you should print or preview them before you click the Interface button.
- Click the Interface button to interface the information. A message box will appear if the interface is successful.
- Click the Close button to close the form or repeat the steps above to interface more information.